Are you considering baking a cake for Mother’s day? my husband is away ski-ing (I know, alright for some!) so it looks as though I’ll be baking my own….and it’s going to be this one.
SO delicious – really, sometimes this job is absolutely no good for my waistline. Ahem. But then no-one forced me to consume 3 extra large slices.
[ezdiv id=”” class=”” style=””][/ezdiv]
[ezcol_1third id=”” class=”” style=””]
- 190g unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
- 190g gluten free plain flour plus extra for dusting
- 190g caster sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp poppy seeds
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 25ml whole milk
- 80g plain yogurt
[ezcol_2third_end id=”” class=”” style=””]
- Preheat oven to 170 c/Gas Mark 3.
- Grease a loaf tin with butter and dust with flour.
- Cream together the butter and sugar using a handheld whisk or a freestanding mixer with a paddle attachment. Add the eggs one at a time
- Sift in the flour, baking powder and salt. Then add the poppyseeds and lemon zest and mix in gently.
- Add the milk and yogurt and mix till well combined.
- Pour in to the loaf tin and cook for 45-50 minutes until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.