Ok I know that with every recipe I waffle on about how delicious everything is…..but these apple and pecan oat bites are some of my favourite baked goodies to date. They are a bit of a cross between a cake and a flapjack, yummy and oaty but with a soft apple cake in between. Plus with the apples and oats you can pretend they are healthy (!)
Perfect as a little afternoon pick me up with a cup of tea or just because a little of what you fancy does you good.
[ezdiv id=”” class=”” style=””][/ezdiv]
[ezcol_1third id=”” class=”” style=””]
- 2 unpeeled eating apples cored and finely chopped
- 150g softened butter
- 150g light brown soft sugar
- 50g porridge oats
- 2 eggs
- 200g self-raising flour
- 50g chopped pecans plus 12 to decorate
[ezcol_2third_end id=”” class=”” style=””]
- Preheat oven to 180c/Gas Mark 4
- Grease and line a swiss roll/rectangular tin
- Cream together the butter and sugar and then stir in the apple. If you prefer you can blitz it all in a food processor.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl (or food processor) and mix until just combined.
- Tip in to the tin and place the 12 pecans on top in a 3 x 4 grid.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes until golden.
- Remove and leave to cool completely in the tray.
- When cool, cut in to 12 squares and enjoy!