This winter I spent the most money I have ever spent on a winter jacket. I was beginning to feel embarrassed about turning up to the office in an old black Topshop parka which, whilst toasty, was beginning to look a tad scruffy. So I decided to spoil myself.
I splashed out on this Ophelia jacket from Hush which is in the slider above. I wanted a coat which would keep me warm, go with most things in my wardrobe, but most importantly look smart. The oh-so-poetically named Ophelia did not disappoint. It’s basically like wrapping myself in a gorgeous woolly blanket on a frosty morning. Plus, it comes with the added bonus of just about fitting over an ever-growing baby bump. I can safely say that it has been the best £130 I’ve spent in blimming ages.
I’ve rounded up some more of the cosiest coats to keep you snug til Spring. And don’t worry, they’re not all as pricey. In fact there are some total bargains to be had as the sales come to an end.
The Edgy One
- The leather biker that Charlotte’s wearing in the header above is The Kooples but they seem to have sold out so grab yourself a similar one from Topshop or Marks and Spencer.
- It looks like puffer jackets are here to stay. I am loving this camo print version from Asos.
- This jacket combines two of my favourite things, grey and leopard print. It’s available in petite or tall and because it’s in the sale it’s a bloody bargain.
- Another lovely lil’ leopard print number which too is in the sale is this pink one from Topshop.
The Glam One
- This sparkly flowy jacket just goes to show that sequins are not just for Christmas.
- You can’t go wrong with a grey jacket. This Japanese-style crossover belted one from Zara just oozes elegance.
- If I didn’t have a baby bump I would have spent a LOT of money on the new collection at Hush by now. Top of my list are this lightning bolt sweatshirt and this buttery soft leather jacket.
- I love the simplicity of this lapel shift coat from Mango. It also comes in khaki and burnt orange, and all are in the sale for under £40.
The Practical One
- I bought a Topshop shacket last summer and I’m pleased as punch that Topshop are still selling them, so it looks like this is a trend that is going to continue on into Spring. I wear mine exactly as it says on the tin – as a shirt (over a T shirt or strappy top), and as a jacket (it’s baggy enough to be worn over knitwear).
- Hands up who’s been hitting the gym recently? (Ahem. Not me. I am enjoying having the excuse of growing a miniature human inside my tummy). However I would love to have a Nike jacket like this for when I’m back on the netball courts.
- Everyone needs a distressed denim jacket in their lives. Like the Topshop shacket, this Asos one looks nice and roomy and would go with literally everything in your wardrobe.
- Marks and Spencer are bang on trend at the moment, what with their fluted-sleeve jumpers that have taken Instagram by storm (pink or grey? Decisions, decisions), and timeless trench coats like this one in khaki.
Are there any other lovely winter jackets that I need to know about? You can never have too many, right?