I blinked and all of a sudden March has raced by at break neck speed leaving me in disbelief that springtime is here once again. I love this time of year, when you get an hour or so of daylight when returning from work which makes you feel uber productive, but nightfall comes soon enough so you can legitimately curl up and relax.
There’s so much promise in the air at the moment, with all the blossom in bloom and the tulips bursting through. More than once over the last week or so I’ve found myself daydreaming about what the summer may hold. I mean, just imagine not having to wear a coat. Such bliss.
In terms of 2017 resolutions, I’ve ticked off a couple. One was to stop procrastinating and I’m pleased to say in the last few weeks I’ve cracked on with a few home and some very significant personal bits and pieces I’ve been putting off for months. We have an almost finished utility cupboard and just a few jobs left to do in the dining room. Doesn’t it feel good to put a bit tick on your to-do list?
The second was to book a foreign holiday and I’m bloody ecstatic to tell you I’m off to Lisbon next week for a few days. Please, please let me know if there’s anything I should be enjoying while I’m there other than ramming my face with custard tarts.
- I still haven’t made a cake yet so there’s one for the list
- Start on the patio or deck. We really want to build a place for sun soaking further down the garden so we need to get a wriggle on if we want to get use out of it this year.
- Like Charlotte I have the Olympus Pen and I’d love to practice more with it over the coming months. First step is to treat myself to a new lens.
- Start planning the bathroom refit. I flit between a Burlington sink or a modern basin and need to commit so I can moodboard the rest of the design. What’s your favourite style?
- After a few more trials with Alpha-H I reckon I can say my skin has vastly approved, especially after last week’s facial, so next I’d really like to move on to my tresses and overhaul my whole haircare regime. Watch this space.
- Get more dates in the diary with friends and family. We had a houseful last weekend and it was so good to host so many of our friends. What’s the point of putting all the effort in to the house if we don’t have time to share it with folks?
So that’s my spring to-do list now the clocks have changed. What are you planning over the next few months and what have you already achieved this year?