You lovely lot firmly got me in the Christmas spirit yesterday. With festive frolics a plenty over the next five weeks or so, I’ve been drawn to all sorts of sequins, studs, shimmer and glimmer. Allow me to present our partywear edit.
- The image in the header is via Boohoo where their partywear collection has all sorts of sparkle and shine.
- Embroidery is huge this season and next and we all need some sparkle in our lives so Monsoon’s skirt is a great combo.
- Not sure which colour sequins? Mango’s ingenious reversible skirt is a great away to get two looks in one.
- Lorna loves Next’s figure hugging sequin midi, with the larger sequins you’ll be stopping traffic.
- Alternatively, shimmy away with Oasis’ studded skirt for those who like their look to be a bit more rock-steady.
- I had to include Zara’s Leopard Print Top. Cropped isn’t my kind of thing but I had to include it as everyone loves it when Dynasty goes to the disco.
- I think you could get huge amounts of wear from Topshop’s sequin polo neck. Dress with your favourite boyfriend jeans for the pub or partner with a tailored bottom for a sleeker look.
- If the silver is too bold then play it down but still sparkle in Warehouse’s party-starting top.
- My favourite look; a leather skirt and a jumper is taken to a whole new level with Karen Millen’s Geo Sequin Jumper, available in both black and grey.
- I have a big appreciation for a cut-out detail if it’s done demurely and this Asos embellished dress is just the ticket. Get in there quick though there was only low stock when I checked last night.
- Like sparkle but sequin shy? Why not glimmer in Ted Baker’s Ethia dress with a very sexy dipped back.
- Make like Gillian and give good blouse with Alexa’s shimmery Ellend Shirt from M&S. A great garment for after work cocktails if the mood takes you.
- I have a couple of pleated skirts in my wardrobe and they’re so versatile. Oasis’ Shimmer Midi would be perfect for Christmas day with a thin knit or pop on with a cami for cheeky evening outfit.
- I absolutely love &OtherStories. I could have bought one of everything in their store the other week and some of their dresses are showstoppers. The soft sheen of velvet is always a festive winner.
The Finishing Touches
- What could be more versatile than a glitter clutch? Hush’s clutch bag will dazzle day or night.
- Also how adorable are New Look’s Glitter Block Heels? Perfect for ladies who like a lower heel.
- I have the &OtherStories pumps in black and wear them with skirts, jeans and trousers. So tempted to get this gold version.
- Olivia Palermo has joined forces with Coast to bring even more elegance to the brand. I’m off to a wedding on New Years Eve and would love to finish off my outfit with the lightweight velvet Myalee Draped Jacket.
What frolics do you have planned? When’s your Christmas party taking place and what are you going to wear?!