At the moment there’s no danger of me having any form of holiday to pack for, however James and I have spoken about potentially having a short break some time in September, location very much undecided. After my recent trip to Cornwall, last years holidays and a lot of capsule wardrobe experience I feel I’m qualified to give a few tips on packing the essentials for a break away.
Once again we’ve collaborated with Boden, this time sharing the essentials for a break away wherever you may be heading and tips you can use whatever the location.
Accessories Are A Girl’s Best Friend
A boho necklace and a straw hat make a maxi seem casual, but add glitzy earrings and a great clutch and you’ll be the belle of the ball. There’s no need to pack your entire jewellery box though just a couple of statement necklaces, earrings and bracelets is usually enough to transform an outfit. When I was in Turkey last year I embraced the layered woven bracelets which added a bit of an exotic edge to my plain attire. This year I’m coveting Boden’s Tassel bracelet instead.
Step Away From The Wedges
You don’t need more than three pairs of shoes. Promise. You might get away with two. I usually go for a pair of sandals or sliders (currently eyeing up these cross strap sliders which will go with everything), a pair of low heels for evening and depending on how casual I feel trainers or another pair of flats.
Plan Your Outfits
I once went to Barcelona several years ago taking lots of pretty pieces that did not go to together in any way. To avoid having to wear shorts with a dress then do piece together a few combos before you travel taking into account any specific underwear you’ll need too.
Mix and Match
In a similar vein it’s far easier to get your outfits to co-ordinate if you stick to some form of palette. For Cornwall I went grey and blue and I highly recommend this if you’re going away in this country and have to build up the layers. Stripes go with everything, in fact a breton and leopard mix is my absolute favourite combo.
Don’t Forget Your Cover-Up
A cardi or lightweight jacket is essential for cooler days, chilly nights or if your sightseeing involves the need to cover your shoulders.
Roll with It
Roll your clothes and you can get far more in your case plus there’s less creased at the other end. Double whammy.
Pack It Up
Favorites to pack for your next break.
On The Plane
- 7/8 Chino Easy to wear
- Easy Lightweight Cardigan Perfect for layering
- Slogan Tee Hooray for holidays
- Dana Sneakers Contemporary comfort
UK Beach Break
- Colourblock Cosy Chuck-On For chilly days and even colder nights
- Blackberry Dress So easy to wear
- Denim Shorts A summer staple
- Cross Strap Slider Stylish and will go with anything
- Chic Swimsuit Super flattering with lots of different prints and styles.
- Bridget Top The perfect shoulder grazer
- Denim shorts Beachside cool
- Pom Pom Beach Kaftan Poolside perfection
- Ruffle Bandeau Bikini Mix and match your style.
- Relaxed V-neck Cardigan Easy to throw on when you need a cover-up
- Ruched scoop neck top Peggy Skirt Throw on and go
- Pony slide sandal Easy breezy footwear
- Sunglasses Classic chic shape
- Sophia Bag Pretty yet practical.
Coming up next week, vacation beauty but in the meantime what type of holiday are you off on this year?
This is a sponsored post.