There’s something really quite impressive about a tower of food. These stacks of corn fritters prepared by Bronwyn from Fuel Your Family are a way to brunch healthily and the stacked element makes you want to grab a fork and get stuck in. If like me, you’re a veggie you can leave the bacon off the side. Serve with Avocado Smash (that would be an avocado mashed up with a fork and a glug of lemon juice and seasoning) and enjoy.
[ezdiv id=”” class=”” style=””][/ezdiv]
[ezcol_1third id=”” class=”” style=””]
- 350g / 2.5 cups frozen organic sweetcorn
- 170g / 1 1/4 cups gram flour (you can make your own by grinding raw chickpeas until fine, but it is readily available in supermarkets as well)
- 250ml / 1 cup water
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- Small handful of chopped coriander.
[ezcol_2third_end id=”” class=”” style=””]
- Mix all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl and then let it sit for half an hour or so. Stir again.
- Melt a little butter in a frypan, or use a little oil. Cook 1/4 – 1/3 cup scoops for about 4 minutes on each side.
To create the stack:
- Mash 1-2 avocados together with a squeeze of lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook rashers of bacon and cut to size.
- Chop fresh herbs to scatter on top
- Stack the fritters one on top of each other with a spoonful of avocado between each one (4-5 fritters maximum per plate).
- Top with avocado, bacon and fresh herbs.
- Dress with lettuce or leaves around the bottom.
In different seasons Bronwyn makes this with seasonal vegetables such as roasted brussel sprouts with bacon around the base in winter, or even a lovely fresh tomato salsa in summer.
If you’re tempted to try any of our recipes then please do mention us on Instagram and Twitter using the @rockmystyleblog handle. We’d love to see your kitchen creations.