We don’t feature too many reader requests on the blog anymore but something about Carrie’s request got me feeling a bit mischievous.
Carrie is keen to amaze her husband with an almighty whopper of a surprise when he turns forty in October, and she’s in need of our help. Over to the naughty lady herself…
“My husband is my rock and after two kids and seven years of marriage I’m looking forward to surprising him with a trip when he hits the big 4-0 later on in the year. I want to celebrate big time! My parents have offered to look after the children for a week in late October so I’m after a location that’s still hot and sunny when the UK hits Autumn. So far I’ve considered Cape Verde and Mauritius but I would really value suggestions from the RMS readers. He thinks we’re off to the Lake District for a week away so I have another cheeky request too, any ideas on how to drop the surprise on him? I don’t think I could manage to keep it a secret until we arrive at the airport but I’d love a memorable way to break the news!”
- We can only get away for one week so ideally the flight wouldn’t be over ten hours
- Adults-only hotel for accommodation, rather than anything self-catering
- Luxury relaxing beach location, or at least very close to one
- Nearby bars and restaurant with good vino and cocktails
- Warm and sunny climate
- Would be good to go on a sight-seeing trip or two and experience a bit of culture
So you little tricksters, where should Carrie take her astonished husband on holiday in October? Any fab locations you’d like to recommend? Any thoughts on how to break the news?