Pinks are everywhere at the moment. Blush, salmon, watermelon, you name it, people are wearing it. Despite the recent sunny days, let’s not get ahead of ourselves – unfortunately a cold snap is apparently around the corner. So how does one wear such a summery pastel shade when it’s still on the chilly side? Step forward our edit of prim and pretty pinks. I apologise that a lot of the items I mention aren’t in stock (even though they were when I checked on Friday) but most styles are also available in another colourway.
I’ve always thought with my pale colouring that pink and I wouldn’t get along. Therefore it was with some trepidation that I added a pink & Other Stories jumper to my capsule wardrobe last winter. Turns out it was a good move and a few of my friends have also bought the same top as a result. The jumper was in stock on Friday but not when I checked last night so good to keep an eye out in case it comes back. If not I also have the red-coral version which gives a real sartorial lift.
- A few weeks ago James and I were in Cambridge and I found the softest blush scarf for £3 from H&M. I couldn’t find the exact one online but they still have several similar ones in stock which is usually unheard of at this time of year.
- One of the girls in my office was wearing this Topshop Je Suis sweater which combines two of the hottest trends; pink and slogan chic. Very cute indeed for £28.
- The whole of instagram seem to have snapped up the smaller sizes of the M&S Funnel Neck Flute Sleeve Cropped Jumper but they also have a Cotton Blend Contrasting Edge Jumper with very sweet sleeve detailing. While you’re over at M&S do take a browse at the Shell Blouse Lottie recently treated herself to.
- The Zara Pleated Skirt is all sorts of amazing. Just look how swishy and free the model looks. I’m particularly loving the combo with the bright boots and even bolder sweater. While you could pair this with a shell top or tee in the summer, you can add sleeves now and still look the bees knees.
- Step away from the boots. I think it’s just about mild enough to reveal a tiny bit of skin and have a dance about in these ASOS Dusky Flats. I love the shape of the Liana Pointed Ballet Flats too.
- Monsoon’s blush Victoriana Lace Blouse isn’t left in stock in too many sizes but also comes in black and white. I have the black one and have been wearing to the office with black skinnies and am hoping to get a lot more wear out of it over the next few months. The long sleeves do provide some warmth (despite all the lace detail) and it feels smart enough for the office or going out.
- Ooh la la. Why not treat yourself to some very chic smalls from H&M? The padded triangle bra is a great way for us smaller chested girls to get on board with the bralette layered trend. If you prefer something with a little more structure and underwiring, there’s a wide selection of delicately coloured bras available.
- If we still can’t tempt you away from a dark wintry palette then how about adding a teeny fuchsia colour pop by way of the Oasis Monogram Bag which I’m considering to hold my camera. Sweet but far from saccharine this small across the body bag can be monogrammed for free and is available in tan as well if cerise doesn’t float your boat.
Right I’m so close to ordering those shoes. What do you fancy? Any pink finds that have you blushing?