What could be lovelier than a little peek inside some seriously stylish homes all decked out for Christmas?
In my No Tinsel Allowed post I talked about the compromise Rich and I had reached for our own house this festive season. We decided that I could have free rein of the interior Christmas decs and his remit was the exterior.
So our lounge is all white and red and gold, very traditional, and there’s a garland intertwined with fairy lights twisted up the banister. Outside, on the other hand, there are no less than two inflatable Santas, a weird wire sculpture thing that I guess is supposed to resemble a Christmas tree but is actually just a black cone, and green and red LED laser lights projecting over the façade of our house day and night. I kid you not. It’s hideous!
I bet the owners of the following gorgeous homes don’t have two Santas on their driveways…
- For the loveliest family Christmas tree, complete with peach, pastel and candy coloured baubles and simple white felt ball garland, head over to Garvin and Co.
- This ski chalet is unbelievable. Just look at the outdoor fireplace: it’s straight off the front of a Christmas card. You can just imagine the après ski parties that take place here.
- Photographer Lucy has opted for a calming yet sumptuous Christmas theme with hints of gold, and this even extends to her adorable dog Moose who is donning glittery clip-in antlers.
- This account of how founder and editor of The Pink House got her six year old and three year old involved in the bauble-hanging did make me smile.
- Stylist Emily Henderson has opted for a white tree – controversial – but I love the pops of blue she’s incorporated into her décor.
- Even more controversially, what about when you aren’t putting up a Christmas tree? Over on the Everygirl they give some gorgeous tips on how to create that festive vibe when your home is too small for a tree.
Happy last-weekend-before-The-Big-One, everyone!