If you are following a “clean eating” type regime you may have heard of this sort of thing already. I had – I’d just never made one. When Charlotte from Buttercream and Dreams said it was part of her suite of new RMS recipes I was very interested to see what it tasted like, and would it REALLY be as quick to make as alleged?
Well it was delicious. AND super speedy to create.
Plus it’s gluten free and can be dairy AND completely sugar free should you decide to be very very good.
[ezdiv id=”” class=”” style=””][/ezdiv]
[ezcol_1third id=”” class=”” style=””]
- 1 tbsp plus 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp spelt flour (or any gluten free plain flour)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tsp evaporated cane juice or sugar if you aren’t avoiding completely
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- pinch stevia OR 1 more tbsp sugar
- 2-3 tsp coconut oil or vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup of peanut or cashew butter
- 4-8 tsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 4 tsp milk of choice
- 3/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
[ezcol_2third_end id=”” class=”” style=””]
- Mix the dry ingredients together
- Add the liquid ingredients and mix well
- Transfer the mixture to a mug or ramekin
- Microwave on high for 30-40 seconds until cooked through OR cook in 180/gas 4 oven for about 14 minutes.
- Whilst it is cooking mix up the frosting ingredients by popping in a food processor, or you can mix by hand, and place on top of the cooked cake.
- Enjoy straight from the mug!