I like “sweet” treats that are also salted. In fact, I don’t like anything with caramel unless it’s salted. Charlotte from Buttercream and Dreams bought these delicious bites with her to a recent meeting and they were just delicious. Lauren and I may have eaten them ALL. They are also gluten free and suitable for the Paleo plan for those of you that may be following the regime.
This recipe makes 10-12 pieces so just double everything if you are greedy like me and want to shovel them in like there’s no tomorrow. Perfect served with coffee or my favourite Pukka “Revitalise” tea.
[ezcol_1third id=”” class=”” style=””]
- 1 cup ground almonds
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/8tsp baking soda
- 1/4tsp cinnamon
- 3tsp coconut oil or melted butter
- 2tsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 ½ tsp Vanilla extract
- ½ tsp water
- 2-4 tsp dark chocolate
[ezcol_2third_end id=”” class=”” style=””]
- Preheat oven to 180 and line a baking sheet with baking parchment.
- Mix together the ground almonds, salt, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Stir in the coconut oil or melted butter, honey and vanilla.
- Add the water a small amount at a time to bring the mixture together,
finally stir in the chocolate.
- Place small dollops on to the baking tray. Leave a small amount of space between each as they won’t spread too much.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove and leave them to sit on the tray for 5 mins whilst they firm up.