I know! lovely stuff that you don’t actually have to even cook. Sounds like my kind of (lazy) recipe.
If you were inspired by Adam’s vegetable delights yesterday (I have to admit to being completely sold on the Abel & Cole idea as a result) then these mini coconut treats would work well for afters. And they look so pretty. Which I know shouldn’t really be the point but they have the same effect on me as Angel cake from an aesthetic perspective i.e almost too good to eat.
But not quite.
Ahem. I do realise that the ingredients board looks a tad um….dodgy. But I swear, it’s just icing sugar and coconut.
[ezcol_1third id=”” class=”” style=””]
- 405g can Carnation Light Condensed Milk
- 300g desiccated coconut
- 300g icing sugar, sifted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 drops of scarlet food colouring
[ezcol_2third_end id=”” class=”” style=””]
- Line a 24cm square tin with baking parchment. Mix the condensed milk with the coconut, icing sugar and vanilla extract until thoroughly combined. Spoon half of the mixture in the base of the tin and spread out evenly with the back of a spoon.
- Add the food colouring to the remaining mixture and blend well until it is an even pink colour.
- Spread over the top of the first layer and smooth out.
- Leave overnight, or at least for 4-5 hours, in a cool place before cutting into squares.