Yum. The perfect dessert (serve with ice-cream and fresh raspberries) or a delicious lunch time treat.
I LOVE pecans and combined with dark chocolate they are the right side of sweet enough. I am unable however to promise that these brownies are not distinctly more-ish. I would go as far as to say they definitely are.
Sorry about that.
[ezcol_1third id=”” class=”” style=””]
- 125g dark chocolate broken in to pieces
- 225g soft dark brown sugar
- 125ml sunflower oil, plus extra for greasing
- 1/2tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 75g ground almonds
- 25g rice flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp gluten free baking powder
- 75g chopped pecans
[ezcol_2third_end id=”” class=”” style=””]
- Preheat oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Grease and line an 8 inch square tin.
- Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl and melt over a saucepan of gently simmering water.
- Leave until just melted then remove from the heat and add the sugar, oil, vanilla extract and eggs. Mix together well.
- Add the ground almonds, rice flour, salt, baking powder and pecans and fold in until well combined.
- Tip in to the tin and bake for about 45 minutes until the middle still wobbles gently when you shake the tin.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for at least an hour before removing and cutting in to 12 squares.
- Serve just as is or with a dollop of ice cream and raspberries as a yummy dessert.