These little yummies are super easy to make and packed full of ‘good for you’ deliciousness (so they’re not too naughty). Plus they are also suitable for vegans. Charlotte claims they are extremely ‘coconutty’ but we love that!
[ezcol_1third id=”” class=”” style=””]
- 1 3/4 cups unsweetened shredded coconut (divided as per recipe below)
- 2 teaspoons melted coconut oil
- 3 teaspoons maple syrup or agave syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
[ezcol_2third_end id=”” class=”” style=””]
1. Pop one cup of the shredded coconut and the coconut oil in a food processor. Mix on a high speed, scraping down the sides periodically, until it reaches a smooth consistency. If you don’t have a food processor you can give it a quick whizz with a hand blender.
2. Add the maple syrup, coconut milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt and mix well.
3. Mix in 1/2 cup of shredded coconut.
4. Shape the mixture into 12 (1-inch) balls and coat with the remaining shredded coconut.
5. Pop in the fridge for at least an hour to chill. They will keep for up to 5 days in the fridge.