If you are a reader of Rock My Wedding then you may recognise this feature from early last year. It is, hands down, the wedding blogs most popular beauty tutorial EVER. Lolly’s beachy boho waves was one of the top 40 pins to Pinterest from the entire United Kingdom for the whole of 2013.
Just goes to show, not only is this do covetable, it is also easy peasy once you get the hang of it and the style genuinely lasts all day long. We’ll be sharing lots more simple and quick “How to’s” on the pages of Rock My Style over the coming months.
- Section the hair from behind the ears straight across and fasten with a sectioning clip.
- Prep the hair with something that will protect it from the heat and give it a little bit of shape and body. Bumble and Bumble Prep Spray was used through Lolly’s hair.
- On Lolly’s hair the Babyliss Waving Wand was used. It creates a whole range of modern type waves and is so so easy to use.
- Starting nearest your face take 1.5 inch sections and wind the hair around the wand pointing it vertically to the floor and leaving the ends free.
- Hold for 15-20 seconds and release. Repeat around the head alternating the direction you wind each section so it’s not too uniform.
- Spritz with hairpspray- We’re loving James Brown’s Effortless Hold at the moment.
- Release the top section and repeat. Try and make sure the two front sections are curling away from the face as it’s universally more flattering.
- Using your fingers as a wide toothed comb drag through the curls to completely soften and dishevel them.
- Spray VO5 Give me texture spray (this is a genius product – a cross between a salt spray and dry shampoo) through the lengths to give your hair shape and texture.
- If you fancy a slightly more “done” look you can pull a little section away from your face and pin with kirby grips was styled on Lolly.