The sun has got his hat on! Hooray! I ruddy LOVE the warmer lighter evenings. Not least because it means dining al fresco and ice cream. And I don’t know about you but as soon as it’s maxi dress weather our entire weekly meal repertoire changes.
Without meaning to sound dullsville we do have a lot of things with some kind of side salad. I only really have one or two varieties I make often but this year I’m determined to mix things up a little. This spinach and mint salad is fast becoming one of my new loves – sundried tomatoes and pinenuts are especially delicious.
Also…am I the only person who thinks Rocket is a bit bluegh?
- 200g baby spinach
- 1/2 Cucumber
- Handful of sundried tomatoes
- A few mint leaves
- Olive oil
- 1/2 Lemon
- Salt and peper
- A sprinkle of pinenuts
- In the bottom of a bowl place a few tbspns of olive oil, the lemon juice and salt and pepper.
- Place the spinach in the bowl
- Roughly chop the mint leaves and add to the bowl
- Cut the cucumber in half lengthways and then finely slice and add to the bowl with the sundried tomatoes.
- Toss everything together to coat in the dressing that is at the bottom of the bowl.
- Sprinkle over the pine nuts and serve.