With the daffodils dying back and my trees bursting with blossom, Spring is definitely in full bloom. I’ve been spending more time outside pottering this week. I know how lucky I am to have such a decent sized plot but with it comes a whole load of gardening graft.
I’ve been seeking inspiration recently as we’ll hopefully be starting the new patio area soon so I’ve started to follow more green-fingered Instagram accounts, particularly as I’d like to fill my beds with some new planting schemes over the next few years.
Maybe like me you’re hoping to have a weekend filled with family, friends as well as DIY and some outdoor time. One peek at these accounts will make you want to dust off your trowel and get your wellies on.
- Founded by the former Head Gardener at Sarah Raven’s Sussex farm, Perch Hill, the Botanika Floral feed oozes all the florals you want to find in your cutting garden.
- The epic sea of tulips was snapped by floral stylist Charlie McCormick in the garden of The Land Gardeners. Goals for next year right there.
- Over on their Oxfordshire flower farm you’ll find an abundance of beautiful seasonal blooms at Green and Gorgeous arranged to perfection in the wild and romantic hedgerow style, plus the opportunity to attend workshops such as the upcoming Sweet Pea Masterclass.
- For those of you used to run of the mill garden websites, think again when it comes to Shop Terrain. Their insta feed reflects their ethos for creating a restful and natural hideaway.
- Can you imagine spending your days working the land at Kew? Alexander Hoyle is living the dream as Gardener at the Royal Botanic Gardens. I wish I’d made it down to London to see those Cherry Blossoms in all their glory.
- Committed to using own-grown florals to craft the most beautiful arrangements, sisters Emily and Lucy at 3 Acre Blooms have a glorious feed that will put you under a floral spell.
Any other green fingered accounts I should be following? Where do you get your garden inspiration from?
However you choose to celebrate Easter I hope you have a wonderful time. If like me, you’ve got the family round for dinner over the weekend then feel free to nip over to Rock My Wedding to see a table Lottie and I styled for the season. Enjoy those mini eggs.