There is no denying that 2016 was a tumultuous one. However in our household it was also a good one. We had a sunny week in Cornwall, a rainy week in Tenerife, and lots of lovely days out and weekends spent in our PJs. Rich and I both started new jobs and Lyra even had her first ever taste of responsibility as flower girl. And most excitingly, we found out she was going to be a big sister. You can read more about that here.
So, as you can imagine, I’m hoping 2017 will live up to its predecessor. So far, it’s looking good. My January is shaping up as follows…
- I’m going to be joining Charlotte, Lauren, Lolly and Lottie on a photography course ran by Chikae Okishima-Howland. In November Lauren and I went on her flower arranging workshop and I learnt such a lot, so I’ve got high hopes for this one too.
- When I was expecting Lyra I went to a pregnancy yoga class where I met six lovely ladies who I’m still in touch with. At some point in January we’re going to take the kids on a soft play date. I’m just hoping my bump will fit through the tunnels.
- Slightly more rock and roll is a dinner date with Mrs O’Shea and our other halves. Last time we went out, a lot of champagne was drunk and I’m pretty sure I was trying to convince Charlotte to hold the next Rock My meeting at a Britney concert in Las Vegas.
- I’m typing this in our study which will soon be turned into a nursery. I cannot wait to start properly planning furniture, room layout, colour schemes etc. I can see myself spending a lot of time on Pinterest in the new year and hopefully finding a bargain or two in the January sales.
- This is the big one. We are heading to Dubai for a long weekend as our last holiday together as a family of three. We’ve never been away during the winter but always fancied it. I’ve heard good things about the shopping and plan on hitting the likes on West Elm and Pottery Barn hard. If anyone has any recommendations of other interiors shops within the mammoth malls of Dubai, I’m all ears.
What have you got planned for the first month of 2017? Hope it’s a good one! x
Header image includes wooden camera from Smallable