I remember reading about the first time the Duchess of Cambridge had Christmas dinner with William’s family. Rather than buy expensive presents she handcrafted her own jam. What a legend. With Christmas just round the corner it’s unlikely you’ve got time to follow in the Princess’ footsteps and start cooking up your own preserves however there are a few last minute gifts you can make yourself. The Queen probably wouldn’t be too impressed if you rocked up to her residence with a bottle of Vodka but I bet your bestie would.
- Gold Leaf. Try Amazon for a large selection.
- Cut two or three chillies in half and remove seeds.
- Add to a bottle of vodka and leave. Ideally this would be for a few weeks but you will still get a kick if you leave for a week.
- Remove sliced chillies and decant in to a new bottle. Lakeland have a great swing top version.
- Add some whole chillies and edible gold leaf for sparkle.
As you can see we also added chalkboard label. You can find similar at Amazon or alternatively add a gift tag. Cheers!
Made by Charlotte at Buttercream and Dreams