Sometimes I fancy a little home update but my my budget is a tad stretched. With summer holidays and two kids to occupy for six weeks (and lets not mention the new uniforms, school shoes etc!) that means I need to be thrifty with any purchases I make. If you look around though there are so many cute buys that can give an instant lift to any room but still leave you with pennies for those ice creams.
- First up I’ll start with the teams favourite H&M. I challenge you not to find something you want for under £10 whilst browsing the tinterweb. The current team crush is their amazing peg rail for the bargain price of £3.99. It’s amazing how pricey some of these little rails can be but we are loving the subtle styling of this one with it’s angled pegs and dark tone that I’m pretty sure you could all find a little nook for it somewhere. Lauren’s adding clear matt varnish to hers and hanging outside as you can see in the slider above. I’m also singing H&M’s praises over on Rock My Family today where I’m sharing ten budget baby buys.
- This is also very domesticated but how fab is this fringed tea towel? There is no reason why your dishes shouldn’t be treated to a bit of fancy drying and it would look pretty gorgeous hanging in your kitchen too.
- I’m having a bit of a thing with faux flowers at the moment as I’m stocking up ready for when my garden no longer gives me endless supplies of sweetpeas and hydrangeas. Whilst walking the aisles of Sainsburys I picked up a few of these faux peonies which are a snip at £4 each.If anyone else knows of any great faux flowers that won’t break the bank please let me know.
- Whilst we are talking all things faux I feel this little terrarium from John Lewis would look rather cute propped on a bathroom shelf.
- My downstairs toilet/laundry room/general teeny space is in need of an update and I have my eye on this concrete tumbler from Marks and Spencer. It’s such a simple style but the concrete and gold combo gives it the edge I was looking for. They also have a matching soap dish too which I may be purchasing.
- I may have a bit of a thing for pom poms and this cushion from George is an absolute bargain at £8. The grey cushion with pom poms in mustard, navy and pink is the perfect match for my lounge.
- It’s definitely worth still checking out the sales as there are some great last minute bargains around with all the further reductions. These metal candle sticks caught my eye in Cox & Cox with their enamel glaze and elegant shape.
- The Zara home sale has some great bargains to be had. If you fancy a quick update of a cupboard or a chest of drawers then these pretty mother of pearl knobs are only £2.99 for 2. Cheap as chips.
- I spied this amazing duck egg lamp on Lauren’s lovely sister’s Instagram and was amazed it was from The Range. I’m also pleased to report it has just been reduced so I can now legitimately include it in this round up. The minty green and wood combo is super stylish.
- Finally this Breton stripe laundry bag from my fave Mon Pote home is bang on the £10 budget and would keep all that washing looking neat and tidy.
Has anyone else spotted any bargains they need to share with us?